Maha Powerex MH-C9000 Wizard One AA Battery Charger & Analyser
The Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Battery Charger & Analyzer for AA and AAA batteries. Universally acknowledged on forums such as CPF and in reviews as one of the best if not the best AA charger, we tested it ourselves (results in our news section) and like everyone else, we were very impressed.
There are a number of features which make this charger so impressive, the first is the ability to have 4 different batteries of different types and capacities (eg AA & AAA, 1000mah AA & 2700mah AA). This means you can be charging your AA batteries at the same time as refreshing & analysing your AAA. Very handy and combined with being able to set charge rate and discharge rates for each of the four slots means that you can get the perfect rate for any battery, present or future.
The refresh analyse feature is tremendous, it takes all the effort out of keeping your batteries in tip top condition and also tells you the capacity after refreshing, invaluable for matching batteries. (using a flat battery with a fully charged is bad practice, the full battery tries to charge the flat leaving less power for the device, in certain battery chemistries it can even be dangerous).
* Charge, condition and analyze one to four AA or AAA batteries
* Independent operation of each slot
* Large backlit LCD
* Digitally displays capacity, voltage, time elapsed and current
* Adjustable charging rate from 0.2 to 2.0A and discharging rate from 0.1A to 1.0A
Five modes of operation:
-- Charge: Charge the battery at the selected rate
-- Discharge: Discharge the battery at the selected rate
-- Analyze & Refresh: First charge the battery at the selected rate, then discharge it at the selected rate followed by recharging. The discharge capacity is saved for display at the end of the cycle making the MH-C9000 WizardOne a great tool for benchmarking battery capacity. -- Break-In: Allows user to enter the battery capacity and performs a forming charge at 0.1C for 16 hours (using only temperature and timer cutoff) followed by discharge and medium rate recharge
-- Cycle: Allows user to set charge and discharge rate and number of cycle to perform. Will save capacity up to 15 cycle which user can access throughout the cycling
* Negative delta V, peak voltage, dT/dt (temperature rise) and max temperature protection
* Four independent thermocouples to manage battery temperature
* Quartz-oscillator time base for 1% repeatability in capacity calculations
* 12V input and can be powered by an optional 12V car adapter
* Worldwide switching power supply
* Rugged construction with extensive ventilation for the batteries
* Built-in “lift rod” to raise the charger to improve air flow below the unit
- Does NOT include the batteries pictured
If you have a reasonable investment in batteries (say 15 or so) or just want your batteries in the best condition possible for use in your communication equipment, NVG or camera equipment (or even for your home remotes and cordless keyboards) this may be the charger for you. If you are considering the king of chargers, also look at the offer on our Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Battery Charger starter pack